Ultragenyx to Highlight Pipeline at Analyst and Investor Day on December 4
NOVATO, Calif., Nov. 30, 2017 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc. (NASDAQ:RARE), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of novel products for rare and ultra-rare diseases, announced today that management and external experts will provide an update to the investment community on the Company's research and development pipeline in New York City on Monday, December 4, 2017 from 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. ET.
"Analyst and Investor Day will be an opportunity to provide updates on our clinical and early stage pipeline, including the newly acquired gene therapy programs, as well as a commercial overview," said Emil D. Kakkis, M.D., Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer and President of Ultragenyx.
External experts scheduled to present include:
- George Diaz, M.D., Ph.D. Chief, Division of Medical Genetics at Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai - Clinical trial investigator on DTX301 for ornithine transcarbamylase deficiency
- Karl Insogna, M.D., Professor of Medicine and Director at Yale Bone Center at Yale School of Medicine - Clinical trial investigator on burosumab for adults with X-Linked Hypophosphatemia
- David Weinstein, M.D., M.M.Sc., Professor and Director, Glycogen Storage Disease Program at University of Connecticut and Connecticut Children's Medical Center- Clinical researcher on DTX401 for Glycogen Storage Disease Type 1a
- Michael Whyte, M.D., Medical-Scientific Director, Center for Metabolic Bone Disease and Molecular Research at Shriners Hospital for Children - Clinical trial investigator on burosumab for children with X-Linked Hypophosphatemia
Senior executives from Ultragenyx scheduled to present include:
- Emil Kakkis, M.D., Ph.D., Chief Executive Officer
- Shalini Sharp, Chief Financial Officer
- Jayson Dallas, M.D., Chief Commercial Officer
- Sam Wadsworth, Ph.D., Chief Scientific Officer, Ultragenyx Gene Therapy
- Eric Crombez, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Ultragenyx Gene Therapy
- Javier San Martin, M.D., Vice President, Global Clinical Development
- Arjun Natesan, Ph.D., Senior Director Translational Research, Program and Portfolio Management
The live and replayed webcast of the call will be available through the company's website at http://ir.ultragenyx.com/events.cfm. The replay of the webcast will be available for one year.
Ultragenyx is a biopharmaceutical company committed to bringing to patients novel therapies for the treatment of rare and ultra-rare diseases, with a focus on serious, debilitating genetic diseases. Founded in 2010, the company has rapidly built a diverse portfolio of approved and investigational therapies to address diseases for which the unmet medical need is high, the biology for treatment is clear, and for which there are no approved therapies.
The company is led by a management team experienced in the development and commercialization of rare disease therapeutics. Ultragenyx's strategy is predicated upon time and cost-efficient drug development, with the goal of delivering safe and effective therapies to patients with the utmost urgency.
For more information on Ultragenyx, please visit the company's website at www.ultragenyx.com.
Contact Ultragenyx Pharmaceutical Inc.
Investors & Media